CHIP E. MILLER, Ph.D.
Marketing Consultant 1992-present
• Supervised local research studies of Coca-Cola products—Dasani Drops, Vitamin Water, Powerade
• Conducted focus groups & consumer research studies for Boeing Credit Union.
• Developed product manager training for Ride Snowboard executive teams.
• Developed marketing plans for Olofson public shooting range.
• Surveyed gun show attendees to improve marketing performance of shows.
• Analyzed promotion efforts for gun show producer & airgun distributor.
• Created sales training materials for telephone staff at airgun distributor.
• Conducted focus groups for online diabetes care site.
• Performed consumer research for PR Pharmaceuticals veterinary care products.
• Identified $700,000 in duty drawback refunds for Boeing Commercial Aircraft
• Assessed U.S. market potential for Chinese glassware & epoxy exports.
• Trained Hong Kong and Chinese industrial product sales reps.
Drake University College of Business 2001-present
• Served 3 years as Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, College of Business
• Received Harry Wolk award twice for outstanding research efforts.
• Received award as outstanding undergraduate teacher.
• Awarded business school & university grants for research & faculty development.
• Taught marketing management, international marketing & sales.
• Published 39 refereed research papers, including 18 journal articles.
Pacific Lutheran University 1991-2001
• Received 1st Interstate Bank Teaching Excellence award and research grants.
• Published a Journal of Marketing article and 16 other refereed papers.
• Promoted to associate professor 2 years early.
Facile with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
|Ph.D., Marketing||University of Washington||1990|
|M.A., Chinese studies||University of Kansas||1986|
|M.B.A.||University of Kansas||1980|
|B.A., biology||University of Kansas||1976|
College coursework in Spanish, German and Mandarin Chinese
Firearms, gung fu, herpetology